We all know our immigration system, illegal and legal, is broken. For far too long, politicians in Washington haven’t had the will to fix it. For starters, we must secure the border and prevent visa overstays. We must also reform our legal immigration system to end arbitrary policies that continue to hurt our economy so we can be welcoming to those who want to be in the United States and follow our laws. The time is long overdue for Congress to lead on this issue by fixing the crisis on the border, defunding sanctuary cities, providing a solution for DACA recipients, and strengthening the rule of law.
Our accomplishments include:
- Voting for legislation that would fund completion of a border wall
- Voting to provide legal certainty to DACA recipients
- Voting to end the separation of children from their parents at the border
- Voting to end chain migration and the visa lottery program
- Voting for legislation to defund sanctuary cities
- Voting for legislation to implement E-Verify nationwide